Dear Single Mom,
After 14 hours of labour, 3 years of toddler tantrums and 26-hour workdays, you thought you could handle anything.
Until Covid-19 happened.
That’s when the soiled diaper hit the fan. Everything suddenly became - more. Now the precious toddler is home – all day, demanding at least 80 per cent of your time and energy. The other 20 per cent is reserved for the work from home order from your boss and there is housework that will need at least 50 per cent (yes, this is Mom Math).
You can’t remember the last time you just took a deep breath, called a friend to cry or did anything that you enjoy.
I understand how you feel and am happy to tell you that you’re not alone.
It’s single mothers like you that inspired us to develop a three-part live video series called The Brunswick MOM Show. It’s an ongoing discussion about tools that will help you:
· Survive the COVID-19 madness as a single mother
· Enjoy being around your kids all day
· Acknowledge your dreams and start loving yourself (again)
We invited three single moms who are using these tools to create massive changes in their lives and families. They were Trishan Haughton, Advanced teacher of therapeutic yoga, Rochelle Mitchell, PR and Social Media Specialist and Simone McFarlane, Business Development Manager at Brunswick Jamaica.
So let’s talk Mindfulness, Openness and Momentum.
Sourcing articles from across the web and placing them in one location for you.